Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Schlathaus Park 5K Race

On Saturday I ran in my first race since I moved to New York. It wasn't the same as my races in Hawaii because I didn't get to run with any of my friends - no Linda Lou or Joanna. And of course there is also this obvious difference - it was freezing cold. One aspect of the race I enjoyed was the later start time. The race began at 10 a.m., as opposed to the 6 or 7 a.m. start times in Hawaii. Rick was nice enough to get up and take me to the race, even though it was on a Saturday. (He has been working really late hours with his new recruiting job.) I plan on running some more races if I can find any that don't fall on Sundays. Unfortunately, that seems to be the day that most of the races are scheduled for.

3 comments:

Doney Days said...

Way to go! I'm so proud of you! I'm not one who likes running much, wish I did! :)

Kristen said...

Awesome!! you go! I can't run worth crap... I'm jealous!

Dial Family said...

MISTY!! It is so good to hear from you. I'm so glad Amanda told you about my blog. YOU GOT MARRIED!! I love your wedding pix's. YOu are absolutely gorgeous. And still running. That is AWESOME!! I love hearing about it. Def. keep us posted!!